- Effectively and efficiently, implementing the labour policies and labour welfare programmes of the Government by way of sensitizing the public in general and the workers and the employers in particular. To make aware the provisions of Laws providing for the social security and welfare measures, the conditions of work, and the occupational health and safety of the workers and also the law against the employment of child labour and other types of exploitative labour e.g Bonded Labour etc, while ensuring strict enforcement of the labour laws against all violations.
- Training, Testing and Certification of skilled manpower in all sectors of the economy, serve as a bridge between job-seekers and Employers / Training Providers / Trainers and collection of employment market information data at State level.
- To diligently implement the Factories Act, 1948 and the rules thereunder, the Boilers Act 1923 and certain provisions of the Environment (Protection) Act 1986.
- Timely delivery of Medical Benefits to the Insured Persons and their dependents that would protect the interest of the Beneficiaries in contingency such as Diseases, Disability and Distress through the provision of reasonably good Medical, Surgical and Obstetric treatment.
- Contribute to the planned growth of the States’ economy through enforcement of Labour Laws and implementation of various programmes and policies.