Duties and Functions
Rendering, enforcement, administration and governance of resources, programmes and policies in the matters of:
- Enforcement of the provisions of Labour Acts and Rules through the Labour Commissioner.
- To ensure a steady flow of skilled workers in different trades for the industry, to raise the quality and quantity of industrial production by systematic training of workers, to reduce unemployment among the educated youth by equipping them for suitable employment and providing career guidance to job seekers through the DECT.
- Enforcement the provisions of the Factories Act, 1948 and Boilers Act, 1923 through the CIBF.
- Providing Medical Care Services and Medical Benefits to ESI Beneficiaries through the AMO, ESI
- Executing work, manual or otherwise connected with construction, maintenance & protection of road, bridge, building, canal, embankment, land reclamation or any other developmental work through the MCTF.